Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keep or Toss #2

For those new to my blog- KEEP OR TOSS is just a series of blog posts where I randomly review products that I use. I purchase these products on my own. These are more than likely beauty products, however, I won't always limit it to that!
Hope this helps someone!

 THE BEAUTY BLENDER!
Have you heard? It's the new way to apply makeup! :)

Price Point- Kind of Expensive for a makeup sponge! About $20 to $30 for a package of 2.

Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.

You soak this in water and use with creamy, liquid foundation. I have tried this, and tried a "DUPE" for it. Seriously, it's worth the money. (as cheap as I am... I WILL shell out the money for this sponge!) The cheaper version is a disappointment. Nothing compares. (Don't make me sing the song to you!)




It's kind of hard to explain if you have never heard of it before. Here is a makeup GURU on You-tube to explain it-- (Watch the video, it will change the way you put on makeup)

 

Here is the Foundation I use--

I use the color 002. That blends into my neck flawlessly. (Why yes, I am pale!) For the summer I will probably go one shade darker. BTW- THIS FOUNDATION IS A KEEP!!!!! Combine this with the Beauty Blender and it's AMAZING!!!!

I put on one layer with the sponge, wait a minute and put another layer to two layers on. It seems like a lot, but it truly creates a flawless "face".

Price Point- Cheap- You can get it anywhere from $8 to $12.. check around and get a deal! I got mine at Wal-Mart


The Beauty Blender and the Revlon Photo Ready Foundation are in my "Holy Grail" of products I will use over and over!
---------------------

BATISTE Dry Shampoo-
I got this with my drugstore.com haul. I have heard mixed reviews.

Price Point- CHEAP- Anywhere from $7 to $9. You can find coupons and deals. Most drug store sells this!
This product is for Brunettes. It does deposit a little color with it, so you definitely don't want to use it on anything other than brunette hair. I wanted to try this because the Dry shampoo spray that I was using would give my hair a powdery cast. Not cool. This Dry Shampoo promised not to "show" in Brunette hair.

Here's a Quick Tutorial Video from Batiste on how to use the dry shampoo--


It's pretty cut and dry! You spray it in at the roots and kind of rub it in with your hands into the roots. When you do this with the Brown Dry shampoo, you are going to see that it leaves a little brown residue on your hands. No biggie, it washes right off. I would use this sparingly. Also, I like to use a blow dryer on a low heat setting and run it through my hair. This Batiste dry shampoo add MAD VOLUME to my hair. I love using it when I am putting my hair on top of my head in a bun. It does kind of get too dry (if you aren't careful) .. and makes it hard to style your hair and wear it down. So, use sparingly!

Over all, I would

It's benefits outweigh the bad. It took a couple of times to get used to the texture it gave my hair, and I had to figure out not to use too much! I really like it.
----------------------

SOOO..I tried a new Hairspray.

AUSSIE HAIRSPRAY

Price point- Cheap.

Let me get straight to the point-

It goes on heavy and stays wet too long. It can leave your hair crunchy. I hated it. Reminds me of a better smelling aquanet. Toss it!

I will stick to my "Holy Grail" of hairsprays--


I have bought this for YEARS and will continue to buy it. Use a little for light hold, or use a lot and your hair will literally freeze where it's at! It's a keeper!
------------------------

That's it for now! If anyone has anything they would like for me to review or anything they want to know, please ask! :)

No comments: