Saturday, February 15, 2014

E.L.F. Cosmetics Review



Much awaited and anticipated blog post! I think it is safe to say that I have ordered enough E.L.F. products to be able to properly review the site and the products! ;)

First, I love makeup and beauty products... BUT I am cheap, and I love good deals! I have been looking for great products that are affordable. I am not "all about the name". I don't like just buying beauty products because they are "high end/Brand name". I want a product that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Ok, here we go! I am only going to review the favorites, and products that didn't quite live up to my expectations! If I reviewed all the products we would be here forever.


e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

  • $6.00
  • SIZE 8g

 I did a small review on this before. I think it was the first KEEP OR TOSS. I didn't like it at first. I wanted to toss it. I am glad I kept it. I kept experimenting with it. Here's my advice. Only use a LITLLE bit, get some product on the brush then shake the excess off...and I only put around your eyes. If you can see it, you aren't doing it right. (I wasn't doing it right because I left a layer of greyish powder when I used it. lol) This will last quite a while!

 

e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer



  • $6.00
  • SIZE .49 oz (14g)
 It does what it says for a fraction of the cost of the "high end" primers. There's no need to get an expensive primer. This works GREAT. For those that don't prime before makeup... girls, you are missing out! Seriously, PRIME YOUR FACE before you put on makeup. It helps the makeup go on so smooth! Take my advice!



e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set



  • $3.00
  • SIZE 2.02oz
Another must have. This does what it says and for a fraction of the price. Simple to use. Put on your makeup then spray a couple sprays of this product... Let dry. You are done! This does help keep your makeup fresh longer! If you don't use a setting mist.... Girls, please. Do it! You will thank me later!


e.l.f. Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths



  • $3.00 
Great product! I have sensitive skin and this works just fine! I never want to be without these! At only $3, stock up and keep some everywhere you might need them! I use them every night to take off my makeup and it saves so much time!

e.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush



  • $3.00
  • MUST HAVE
Brushes can get expensive. They don't have to be. ELF carries a variety of brushes that I love. Some start at $1! Seriously! The stipple brush is my favorite brush for blush. I am going to get the smaller stipple brush next for applying my face highlighters! You can't beat this brush for only $3!

What are you waiting for!? This is a FANTASTIC palette!! It's got great pigmentation and HELLO, $6!!!!


e.l.f. Essential 15 Piece Nail Polish Cube



  • $15.00    $12.00
  • SIZE 15 x 0.20 fl oz.
15 nail polishes for $12. Come on. The colors are fabulous! There are some glitter colors, and they cover from nude to dark! I haven't tried every single one in this collection, but I can say that they are worth the money. I'm a girl, I like to know that I have lots of options for my finger nails!
Here's what they look like on my vanity-
 Fun, right!?

It's going to be a sad, sad day if they ever stop selling these! I LOVE THESE! They are quite deceiving at first. When you first open them, it seems as if there is hardly any product on the pad. I used ONE pad to remove all the polish from two hands. Now, it was a nude looking polish, but it was 3 layers! I highly recommend these polish removal pads! In fact, I have 4 of these in my drawer right now! I don't want to run out! It's so much easier than getting the liquid polish remover out, cotton pads, etc. This products does not stink or dry out your fingers like most polish removers! I swear, I don't want to live without this product!!!!


e.l.f. Studio Brush Shampoo



  • $3.00
  • SIZE 4.1 fl oz
I use this once a week to clean my brushes. It's cheap, it works, and it doesn't stink! I love it!

e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner



  • $3.00
  • SIZE 2.02 fl. oz.
  • MUST HAVE
I use this spray to clean my brushes daily. I bought two more so that I won't be without this! I love this product!!! It quickly cleans your brushes. It dries fast and your brushes are soft and smell so good! I can't live without this!!! LOVE!

e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner



  • $1.00
I have the brown and the gold glitter. I like the brown. It's a great liquid eyeliner for $1. I will not be using the gold liner again. It BURNS! Well, it could just be me. My eyes are sensitive. I am telling you, it was like lining my eyes with alcohol. It wasn't pleasant and I won't be doing that again, ever.

e.l.f. Studio Mascara Primer



  • $3.00
  • MUST HAVE!!! 
 LOVE LOVE LOVE! I put two coats on and let it dry, then I apply my regular mascara and WOW!!!!!! It's such a difference! This is a phenomenal product! This is another must have!

e.l.f. Studio Bronzers



  • $3.00
LOVE IT! Now, I have heard mixed reviews on this. I think it's great! They key is to use a big brush and swirl it around all the colors, tap off the excess and use it on the places on your face that would get touched by the sun. I think it's beautiful and natural looking!




I have more products that I want to use a little longer before I decide whether or not I would buy them again.
Want to see some fun HAUL pictures from E.L.F.? I love seeing these, so I thought I would share mine!



Just found another E.L.F. product at The Dollar Tree!


e.l.f. Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara


  • $1.00
  • SIZE .08 fl oz
  • MUST HAVE
I got the color black/brown. I didn't have huge expectations because this product was a dollar. I applied the elf eyelash primer first, then I applied this mascara! OH MY GOSH ya'll!!!! I love that the wand is a little smaller than normal wands. I have small eyes and this wand really got in there and got even the tiniest lashes! My lashes seriously look FANTASTIC!!! I haven't tried it without the primer, but why would I? They work fantastic together! Girls, get this! Seriously! This is a product that I can't live without now!!!! 


e.l.f. Essential Eye Makeup Remover Pads - 24 Pack

  • $2.00
Not a fan. I would skip this if I were you. Let me tell you why-- 1) They are small and thin. Its hard to hold onto and use on the eye. 2) Yes, it takes off the eye makeup, but it didn't remove any of the E.L.F. mascara. I mean, it can't even remove it's own brand of mascara? 3) It makes my eyes water. 
Skip this product, just use the regular ELF makeup remover cloths and use an eye makeup remover to get the mascara off! ;)

No comments: