Monday, October 01, 2007

Guess what? I broke my nose this weekend...

No, I am not kidding. Well, maybe it is not broken, but it feels like it....and I can't breathe out of one nostril. It is swollen and hurts. I do the most stupid things. I am the clumsiest person I know.

Saturday night I was up late chatting on the computer...and when I finally got ready to go to bed, the whole house was dark. Like creepy dark. I couldn't see a thing.....so, I was scared and took off running through the house. I was just trying to make it to the bathroom, and I hit the corner.....with.my.face. I hit it so hard that it knocked me down. I instantly started crying. (I mean, you kind of can't help it...the tears start rolling anytime you hit your nose really hard, right?) But mostly I was just feeling sorry for myself because I was in so much pain.

That's right folks, I just turned 30 and I am STILL getting into stupid accidents. Why did I run thru the house in the dark? I tell my kids not to.

I can't help but laugh at myself now...lol. Just add this to the long list of stupid accidents I have been in. I could start telling the stories...but it would take a while. lol.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Did you start wearing your glasses when you were little, or is that an adult thing? Because my eye doctor told me to expect to be klutzy for the rest of my life!! My vision went bad before I was 4. The eye doctor said that these are the crucial years for your brain to develop spatial relationship links. If you can't see well, your ability to manuever is permanently altered! Ditto for written tests that require spatial relationship skills (such as: being asked to choose which "piece" completes the partial shape in question, like a 3D cube or other shape).
So sorry for your pain! Hope you're better soon! :)