Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So..I have been raising kids for over 10 years now...

and I have never had a child throw up in Wal-mart.....UNTIL Saturday night. Oh.my.gosh.

We have been battling a stomach virus (you may remember my nephew being hospitalized for dehydration)...and Talon seemed to be feeling better.
We have been cooped up in the house for so long that I wanted to go somewhere. Brett and Brian were off staying the night with their cousin, and Danny, Talon and I took off to Paducah for a fun day of shopping. Talon did just fine. He drank lots of fluids and even had some snacks. He hadn't thrown up in over 24 hours...so, we were doing great! lol!
We went to Whalers catch to eat...and Talon wasn't hungry, he just wanted a chocolate milk. CHOCOLATE MILK and an upset stomach = BAD NEWS!!! I knew better.....I KNOW BETTER!
On the way home we stopped at the Wal-Mart in Benton. I was in the crafts (go figure) and Talon and Danny were in the electronics....I heard a scream. I knew it was Talon, so I took off running. I got there just as Danny was picking Talon up out of the cart. I asked Danny what was going on....he said he didn't know....Talon was just screaming. It was then that Talon started spewing....and I mean spewing. (Oh my gosh, I am getting sick thinking of it). He threw up all over himself AND Danny right there in the electronics section. Then he threw up all the way to the bathroom.
Luckily, I brought a change of clothes for Talon. Talon was lucky, Danny- not so much. I took off to get the outfit from the truck, and I also stopped in the mens section and scored a cheesy $3.00 shirt for Danny to wear (like that wouldn't add insult to injury). During this time.....for some CRAZY reason.....I broke out into a fit of laughter. I had to call my sister to try and talk me out of laughing. She made it worse. I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING. I kept thinking that I am totally going to hell for this.


********DISCLAIMER-------I had a BAD habit of laughing at VERY inappropriate times. I could never play hide and go seek because all anyone would have to do is follow the laughter and they would find me. I laugh when I am scared, I laugh when I feel awkward....or when I am in sticky situations*******

Anyway...so, I have the clothes with me and I go to the mens room and knock on the door.....Danny comes to the door and opens it, he has already thrown his shirt away, and is standing there shirtless. I look in at Talon...he is standing there with only his pull up on......looking horrified. It smells like DAM*IT in there!!!! I hand him Talon's clothes...and I reluctantly hand him his new shirt ( I am thinking that maybe I should have splurged and got him the $7.00 shirt with a collar lol) The look on his face was priceless. He just sighed (he was totally defeated) and closed the door. I SWEAR......I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A CORONARY TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF FROM LAUGHING!!!!!!! I sat there for another 20 minutes waiting for them to come out. Meanwhile, men are going into the bathroom, and instantly turning around and coming right back out. lol! I guess the smell got them, or maybe a half naked man and toddler was more than they bargained for. lol.
I am horrible. I am chuckling now. I am a horrible wife and mother. hehehehe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I have the exact same problem with laughing!! When my ex-husband and I would get into fights, I used to have to bite the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing - and he could tell I was doing it which made him even more mad! Glad to know I'm not the only one!! :)

Katie Nelson said...

If it makes you feel any better, I laughed when I read it! My son threw up in Shopko once and we had a very simliar experience.

I also laugh at the wrong time a lot! :D

Melissa said...

I have the same inappropriate laughing problem! My husband does not think it's funny! Hope your kiddo is better soon.

Anonymous said...

ROFL! just think if you're going to hell so are so many other people who read this and laughed. I would have cracked up myself! I thought I was the only weird one who laughs at everything.

marsha said...

ROTFLMBO!!! Oh my gosh, this is way too funny!! I can realte to the inapropriate laughter. The tears were just rolling down my face as I was reading this and I was laughing so hard out loud I'm surprized the neighbors didn't come over to see what was so funny!! You have so got to scrap this!! Maybe DH and Talon will think it's funny too in about 5 to 10 years!!! Thanks for brightening my day!! Hope everyone is feeling better by now! Marsha aka Aunti M

Anonymous said...

I'm busting out laughing & clapping right now! I can so picture this & relate. Thanks for sharing!