Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I was so domestic today- I thought I would share..

Ok, first I actually got up this morning and attempted to work on my bangs. Lucky for me that my hair grows super fast and I have tons of products to slick those bad boys down. I actually cut a little more bangs where the shortest parts were and I think it kinda works. Here's a pic.



Next I made some Banana Bread. Let me just tell you...it rocks the house. Here is the recipe-

Super Simple Banana nut bread

4 ripe bananas- smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
pinch of salt 
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour 
Add nuts if you like

Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas. Add melted butter. Mix in sugar, vanilla and egg. Add baking soda and salt and mix in. Add flour last and mix. I add some pecans, but you can use walnuts. Pour into a buttered 4x8 loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. 

Then I made some doggie treats. The dogs LOVE them! I feel great that they are eating something that I made. ;)

YUMMY PUPPY liver cookies

1 tub of chicken livers. About 1 lb.
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp garlic
1 egg

Preheat oven to 400. I cooked the livers in a saute pan with olive oil. I let the cool a bit and pureed them. I added the garlic and egg to the blender. In a bowl I mixed together the flour and cornmeal. I used wheat flour. Add the liver mixture to the dry ingrediants and mix well. I rolled the "dough" out and then sliced them into cookies. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool and put them in your treat jar for the doggies. ;)


Next I made homemade playdough for Brett's project as well as more for the kids to play with.

HOME MADE PLAYDOUGH 
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water

So super easy! I divided the dough up and added food coloring to it. The kids loved it, but I made them play outside. (Hey, new floors, plus it was very nice out! ;) lol) 



post signature

5 comments:

Lori said...

I think the bangs look great. And he thought you would panic... :)

Joy said...

Your bangs are ROCKIN'! Love the hair!

Simply Sarah said...

I love the bangs. You are so luck to be able to pull that look off! But I was gonna comment on the last post that I loved your bangs pulled back. It really showed off your cute face.

Kendra said...

I think your hair looks great like this.

mean mom productions said...

great fixes on hair and recipes! Have a great michelle!