Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's time for a change..

I want to change my blog design. It's been forever since I updated the look of the blog, but I don't wanna do it again. {insert whine}. SOOOOO...I have been searching the internets for a super bloggy designer to do it for me and DANG! There are tons of options...and I am picky and indecisive.

I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a blog makeover, but I want it to look like I did. Am I a brat or what? lol

I know that there are lots of bloggy designers that use my digital scrapbook designs already. I could go with one of them. Here's the thing...I kind of want to use my designs...but I want it to look more modern than scrapbooky. KWIM? Maybe I can work it out where I can trade commercial use of my designs to a sweet bloggy designer to get a brand new spanking blog. Being that I am all frugal and all...that would be sweeet.

So, I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a favorite blog designer?

If any Blog designers have any ideas- email me. ;)
post signature

11 comments:

Adori Graphics said...

This might sound a silly question, but why don't you do your own? There are so many tutorials out there (I have a ton on my blog, but there's loads of others too). Make a test blog and have a go - there's nothing better than the satisfaction of designing your own blog! If you do want one designing, most designers I know don't charge hundreds of dollars - you can get a decent custom one for like $50. I think mine only work out at $50, but there's hundreds of designers, check out this for a list http://beautifulblogdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-designers.html. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

http://shabbycreations.blogspot.com/

Take a look at her portfolio. It's amazing. It would never hurt to ask if she would be up for a trade, but her blog makeovers aren't that expensive.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Hi Michelle - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I really appreciate it! Love your blog, it looks like you have so many great ideas. I could use a little make-over on my blog too. I'm interested to see what other ideas people give you here.
Alissa

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday! TT and GC should totally change the name to new friend weekend because it takes me all of Friday Saturday and Sunday to get through all the sites I want to visit! Thanks for coming by my site, I have to admit I know nothing about digital scrapbooking I still do it old school. Good luck on your redesign, can't wait to see what happens!

Hannah Nicole said...

You could check me out! I'd love to use your kit for a design for YOUR blog! My site is here: http://vividdesignstudio.blogspot.com

All of my prices are reasonable, AND, I've got a sale going on right now. I'd love for you to give me a little look! I really love designing and am so excited for new opportunities TO design. :-)

Hannah

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend Heather Rolin... she is super sweet and has done quite a variety of blog styles. Never know.

http://individualblogbanners.blogspot.com/

lisa a.

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

I'll do it! I mean, if you want me to. You know I totally owe you. :) Seriously, email me if you want to collaborate on something!

Jess and the boys said...

Thanks for joining Surfin' Saturdays! I am your newest follower! :)

-Jessica
And Then There Were 4...
http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

Tricia Nae said...

I do...me :) Haha..I would love to work with you!!
triciane at gmail dot com

Beth said...

Thanks for joining us on Surfin' Saturdays...following you back!
Beth
Two Monkeys & a Washtub
http://twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com

No help on the blog design - I was too cheap to pay someone :)

Celeste said...

Here is who I love - her designs are FABULOUS & very reasonably priced:
Danielle ... from... :

http://designgirlstudio.blogspot.com/