Monday, March 22, 2010

So, I got a new phone...then cut my bangs...

Random, I know.

So I got an EnV 3. It's not too fancy, but I wanted the keyboard...lol. Plus, it's girly.
So, I have to make it even cuter...and I found a plaid skin for it. Tell me this isn't cute.

I wonder how durable the skin would be. If it is constantly peeling then my OCD would kick in and I would go absolutely mad.

So, on to the bangs. I got a cute new phone and I needed edgy, kick butt bangs to go with. Makes sense, right? So, I go online to read up on the proper way to cut some edgy bangs. Got it. I am totally prepared. 
Here's my convo to Danny-

me- I am cutting my bangs.
 Danny- No, do.not.mess.with.your.bangs.
me- whatever, I know how to cut bangs. I used to do it all the time. I am a beauty school drop out...remember?
Danny- Don't do it. It will not work out the way you want it to and you will freakin go crazy and panic.
me- ok

That's when I decided I would wait until the next day to cut my bangs while he was at work, then he would come home to my rockin bangs and totally think I am hot.  WRONG.

So, while my bangs are wet I pulled them down below my nose and cut. All the while I am thinking, " I am rockin this out. This is totally going to turn out hot." Then I started blow drying my bangs and they shrank up nearly to my hairline. I tried to straighten them out with my  Chi knock-off and they just wanted to stick straight out. FAIL. Total FAIL!!!! Then Danny comes home and sees my bangs. I played it off like I was not in total panic mode. So, here is a picture of how I will have to wear my hair for the next few weeks until my bangs grow out.

Check out the bobby pins. lol! I have to slick it down and then pin them back before they start sticking up. Sexy, huh? Anyone with etsy shops want to send me some cute Bobby pins so that I can totally act like I am wearing my hair like this on purpose? I promise I will post pictures of me wearing them. (That was so shameless, wasn't it?)

Anyway, this is the first pic I took with my new phone. That is totally how I tied these two random tidbits together. See, there is a method to my madness.


post signature

7 comments:

mean mom productions said...

Cute michelle..I cut my hair too! Scroll down on my blog to gallery. click on it, then click on photos at the 2 peas site. I did it myself too. I got sick of people cutting really bad. Plus, I hurt my neck and back a month ago. Long hair just wasn't happening at my house any more.

Kathy said...

Oh Michelle you are so funny! Love the phone and the skin...all I can say is moisturize to keep that skin in tack....hee hee
Sorry about your bangs...the good news in you are so beautiful that bang failure or not...it doesn't matter. Maybe more time to paste those babys back though. Hugs,Kathy

nikev said...

It's all his fault for telling you not to do it. He tempted fate. Had he not said negative things, you wouldn't have had negative results. You can tell him I said so. :-)
Besides, I think it looks cute like that!

Jen Strange said...

haha! about once a month I mess with my bangs . . . always messy and random, but I've stopped caring. LOL

the plaid IS very cute!

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Loooove it! Seriously, how gorgeous are you!?!! It's a good thing I love you so much or I would totally hate you. :)

Unknown said...

Megan, you are too sweet!!! ((HUGS))

Lori said...

That's too funny. At least you have a cool new phone. :)